Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the ICDE 2023 conference. The purpose of the workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in an interactive atmosphere.
A workshop proposal can be up to 4 pages long, and should contain all pertinent information, including:
- Workshop title
- A short (150-200 words) abstract of the topic and format of the workshop
- A detailed explanation of why the proposed workshop is appropriate for ICDE 2023
- Names and contact information of the workshop organizers
- Special considerations regarding proceedings (if any)
- Tentative schedule including paper submission deadline, notification deadline, etc. The camera-ready deadline must be on or before Feb 15, 2023.
- Expected number of participants
- In case of previous instances of the workshop:
- the historical numbers of participants
- the historical submission and acceptance counts
- Preferred workshop duration (half day or full day)
- Short statement on strategy for carrying out the workshop online for:
- a) a subset of the participants, and
- b) for all participants (in preparation for possible travel restrictions).
- A description of the submission review process, including how conflicts of interest will be handled
The ICDE 2023 organization provides:
- A link on the ICDE 2023 site
- Management of registration for participants
- Setup of meeting space and related equipment (if conference happens in person)
- Coffee-breaks and workshop lunch arrangements
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the chairs of the workshop. They must take care of the following tasks:
- Set up and host a workshop webpage
- Prepare and issue the call for papers, and manage the whole submission and review process
- Coordinate paper deadlines and acceptance notifications with the ICDE 2023 Workshop co-chairs
- Provide input for publicity to the local organizers of ICDE 2023
- Provide brief workshop description to include on the ICDE 2023 web page
- Coordinate with the ICDE 2023 proceedings editors to collect: (a) camera-ready copies of the papers, and (b)signed copyright forms
- Schedule workshop activities in collaboration with the ICDE 2023 local organizers to adhere to a timetable that facilitates catering
- Inform the Workshop Chairs of the numbers of submissions and acceptances as these numbers become available
Note that workshops with fewer than 15 expected registrants may be cancelled at the discretion of the conference organizers. Only accepted workshops are official ICDE workshops and enjoy the support mentioned above.
The proceedings of the workshops will be published jointly with the conference proceedings. All papers should have the same format as conference research papers.
- Workshop proposal submission due: September 1, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: October 1, 2022
- CRC deadline for Workshop Papers: On or before Feb 15, 2023
- Workshops: April 3 and 7, 2023
- Main Conference: April 4-6, 2023
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE).
Workshop proposals should be submitted through the conference CMT submission site (choose the Workshops Track). Submissions should be at most 4 (four) pages long and in the same format as conference research papers.
If you have any questions regarding the ICDE 2023 workshop proposals, you can contact the workshop chairs via CMT:
– Jayant Haritsa (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
– Eugene Wu (Columbia University, USA)